- Show all categories
- Photographs and Videos
- Music and Entertainment
- Hiking, Trails and Routes
- Museums, Art Galleries and Botanical Gardens
- Information and history
- Stories and Traveltips
- Remarkable People
- Wildlife Sanctuaries and Game Lodges
- Fruit of the Vine
- Bed and Breakfast
- Lodges and Resorts
- Grub n Pub
- Health and Wellness
- Travel Agents, Tours and Tour Guides
- Instant Response
Elvesida Holiday Farm, Boston, Midlands, Central Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa.
“AA Travel Highly Recommended Farm Stays”
(a) a four-bed roomed farmhouse with huge lounge - sleeps 8 & extra beds can be put into the lounge if required – referred to as Elvesida
(b) a two-bed roomed new cottage with open plan kitchen & lounge – sleeps 4 – referred to as Cottage No. 1
(c) a two-bed roomed cottage with open plan kitchen & lounge – sleeps 4 – referred to as The Shed No 1
(d) a two-bed roomed cottage with open plan kitchen & lounge – sleeps 4 – referred to as The Shed No 2
(e) 3 one-bed room apartments with open plan kitchen & lounge – sleeps one couple or two singles in each apartment – referred to as The Stables
2. All bedding is provided but you will have to bring your own towels. Accommodation is based on a self-catering basis and all food must be brought with you. A shop in the village can provide basics like milk, bread, sugar etc
3. Fully fitted kitchens in all houses and include a deep freeze, fridge, microwave, stove, braai, cutlery & crockery. Each cottage has a TV which receives the SABC programs. To activate all the DSTV channels you must bring your own DSTV card or the new decoder.
4. Rates for 2012 are as follows :- R250.00 per person per night. Children under 12 half-price. For stays of 2-nights or more a discount of R50.00 per person per night may be deducted from the above rates.
5. For stays of one night only the full amount must be paid to secure your accommodation. All other bookings must pay a deposit of R500.00. This refund will be posted to you only after inspection of the premises to assess any breakages. Please report any breakages to our staff. Should you cancel your booking your deposit is non-refundable.
6. Activities on the farm include bass fishing in the farm dam as well as canoeing & swimming in the dam, tube riding on the river (summer only), walking, mountain bike riding, milking the cows and of course interacting with all the farmyard animals. Pony rides on our Welsh ponies can be pre-arranged at R20.00 per half hour All activities at your own risk. We have now opened a small “Farm Shop” where you can purchase all our pickles & jams made in the farm kitchen from our own fruit & produce.
7. Directions : Take Howick South/Underberg turnoff from the N3 (also marked Exit 99) and head towards Underberg on the R617. Boston is approximately 25 minutes drive from the N3. When you arrive in Boston you will go down a steep hill with speed bumps. At the bottom of the hill is a Caltex garage on your right. After the garage you will cross the Elands River & immediately after the river you take a right turn onto a District Road (P132), marked Everglades Hotel. Follow this dirt road for 2.5kms until you see our sign “Elvesida Farm” on the right hand side of the road. Approximate travelling time from Calderwood Hall is 10 minutes.
Altitude - 1326 metres above sea level. GPS co-ordinates - South 29 - 39min - 852sec, East 30 - 00min - 823sec
We look forward to meeting you
Banking details – Nedbank – Durban North – 198765 Account Name - N.J. McLean – Savings Account No. 2352083958
1382/1%Last update: 2012-06-13 03:01
Author: Alan McIver
You can comment on this entry