- Show all categories
- Photographs and Videos
- Music and Entertainment
- Hiking, Trails and Routes
- Museums, Art Galleries and Botanical Gardens
- Information and history
- Stories and Traveltips
- Remarkable People
- Wildlife Sanctuaries and Game Lodges
- Fruit of the Vine
- Bed and Breakfast
- Lodges and Resorts
- Grub n Pub
- Health and Wellness
- Travel Agents, Tours and Tour Guides
- Instant Response
Milly’s of Machadodorp, Escarpment, Mpumalanga.
Fast and efficient service and express takeaways. A range of services are provided:
• Milly’s Country Trout Stall: Machado Trout is the largest supplier of trout and trout products to the South African market. Specialises in fresh and frozen trout, pate and terrines, smoked trout, pickles, jams, sauces, dried fruit and nuts, home made cordials, fresh bread and cakes, pies and sandwiches and freshly ground coffee.
• Coffee Shop and Bakery: Within the trout stall. Small coffee shop serving fresh ground coffee, trout pies, sandwiches and cakes. Fresh bread daily.
• BJ’s Restaurant and Spurwing Pub: On the shores of the scenic De Kroon Dam. Open from early morning until late at night. Country cuisine including trout dishes and home-cooked specialities. Spurwing Pub stretches into the dam, creating the illusion that it is afloat. Watch spurwing geese landing on the dam and trout rising as the sun sets.
• Fly Fishing Tackle Shop and Conference Centre: De Kroon Dam has now been opened to the public. A fly fishing club is now open for membership. A tackle shop has been opened to serve the many fishermen who visit the area. It also doubles as an information centre. The conference centre can accommodate up to 30 delegates. The adjacent restaurant provides meals and refreshments on request.
Interrupt your journey at Milly’s and enjoy a special welcome at this roadside stopover.
At the Caltex Star Stop, 2-km west of Machadodorp, which is on the N4 east of Middelburg, which is at the intersection of the N4 with the N11. AYMillys
Contct: Box 1 Machadodorp 1170
+27 (13) 256 0718+27 (13) 256 0718 telephone
4048/4%Last update: 2014-03-09 14:41
Author: Alan McIver
You cannot comment on this entry
Comment of Alan McIver:
I notice that they had a very bad fire so please check before planning to make use of Millys
Added at: 2013-01-23 14:20