Museums, Art Galleries and Botanical Gardens

ID #2333

Anglade Period House Museum, Pilgrimís Rest, Escarpment, Mpumalanga.

Anglade was built in 1915 to serve as the official Mine Managerís Residence at Pilgrimís Rest and was occupied until 1972. It is situated a few kilometres north of Pilgrimís Rest on the road to Bourkeís Luck. Its first occupants were the Barry family. Mountains and shady forests that to this day provide an atmosphere of quiet opulence and serenity surround it. It is furnished with objects from the 1900-1930 period. The furnishings reflect a ďmodernĒ Edwardian approach and are mainly of Art Nouveau and Art Deco stylistic origins. Tours can be booked at Pilgrimís Rest Information and take place at 11h00 and 14h00, Mondays through Fridays. Pilgrimís Rest is on the R533 west of Graskop, which is on the R532 north of Nelspruit, which† is on the N4 east of Middelburg, which is at the intersection of the N4 with the N11. AIAnglade



Tags: -

Related entries:

Last update: 2014-03-24 21:53
Author: Alan McIver
Revision: 1.3

Digg it! Print this record Send to a friend Show this as PDF file
Propose a translation for Propose a translation for
Please rate this entry:

Average rating: 0 out of 5 (0 Votes )

completely useless 1 2 3 4 5 most valuable

You cannot comment on this entry