- Show all categories
- Photographs and Videos
- Music and Entertainment
- Hiking, Trails and Routes
- Museums, Art Galleries and Botanical Gardens
- Information and history
- Stories and Traveltips
- Remarkable People
- Wildlife Sanctuaries and Game Lodges
- Fruit of the Vine
- Bed and Breakfast
- Lodges and Resorts
- Grub n Pub
- Health and Wellness
- Travel Agents, Tours and Tour Guides
- Instant Response
Durban Natural Science Museum, Central Kwa-Zulu Natal.
One of the best-attended museums in South Africa. Third of a million visitors per year from 80 countries. Features include:
• Hands on exploration in the Kwazulwazi Science Centre
• Life-sized reconstruction of the dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus Rex
• Listen to wild birds in the natural habitat.
• Experience an electronic “Journey through Time”.
• Learn about our “Human Origins and the Stone Age”.
• Discover the earth’s “Most dangerous Creature”
• Coffee at the Waterhole Coffee Shop
• Winter and Summer Science Festivals
• Simulated planetarium shows
• Durban Bat Interest Group
• Astronomy Interest Group
• Museum volunteers programme
• Specimen identification
• Specialist reference library.
Open Mondays to Saturdays from 08h30 to 16h00 and on Sundays from 11h00 to 16h00. Closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday. The Kwazulwazi Science Centre is open Mondays to Fridays from 09h00 to 15h00 (school holidays) and 10h00 to 14h00 (school terms) and on Saturdays from 09h30 to 12h30.
First Floor, City Hall, Smith Street, Durban, which is at the intersection of the N2 with the N3. AZDurban
Contct: +27 (31) 300 6212 telephone information
1511/1%Last update: 2014-05-11 22:59
Author: Alan McIver
You cannot comment on this entry